Although the NMC doesn't take a dark view of crisis situations, we do take a realistic one. If you're curious about the value of mediation and crisis negotiation skills for the workplace, take a look at issues that effect performance.
- Divorce is a seven year process.
- A divorce or separation from a long term relationship decreases an employee's production by up to 40 percent. That disruption will cause a four percent decrease in output for co-workers too. Approximately 10 percent in the workforce are in this situation, and 70 percent of workers are somewhere along the pre, current, or post timeline.
- It takes 12 positive experience to make up for one unresolved negative experience.
- 81 percent of customers who switched to a competitor say the company could have prevented it.
- It costs six to seven times more to gain a new customer than retain an existing one.
- Happy customers boost a company's bottom line.
- Cybercrime in the fastest growing crime in the U.S. In 2015, cybercrime damages cost the World three trillion dollars.
- Hundreds of thousands, and possibly millions, of people can be hacked now via their wirelessly connected and digitally monitored implantable medical devices (IMDs).
- A large percentage of businesses that suffer a major data breach never recover their value.
- Information theft remains the most expensive consequence of a cyber crime.
When An Employee Leaves
- When an executive leaves, it can cost a company as much as 213 percent of the employees salary.
- When a 50 thousand dollar or less employee leaves, it can cost the company 20 percent of their salary.
Caring For The Aging
- Approximately 10 percent of women, age 45 to 64, are caring for an aging parent.
- A significant percentage are caring for both children in the home and an aging parent outside of work hours.
- 1.6 to 2.8 million youth run away each year.
- 44 percent of homeless people are employed.
- Workplace bullying can cost employers more than 180 million dollars over a two year period in lost time and productivity.
- A single, 6-month bullying experience felt over several years can cost approximately 300,000 dollars.
- 80 percent of workers feel stress, and about half want help in learning how to manage it.
- Job stress is the major source of on adults.
- Stress causes accidents, absenteeism, employee turnover, diminished productivity, direct medical, legal, and insurance costs, worker's compensation awards and Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) judgements.
- About one million workers are absent daily and costs up to 3.5 million annually for large employers.
- There are more than a million attempts annually with 75 percent surviving.
- A single suicide will cost approximately a million dollars in medical expenses annually.
- Per 100,000 employees, there is approximately one suicide loss every seven days.